The summer transfer window is open for some leagues in Europe and there is a lot of chatter going around. Transfer Talk provides you with the latest news about rumours, the comings and goings and of course closing deals!
Important story: Kim Min-jae chooses Bayern at the expense of Man United and Liverpool
Naples is a central defender Kim Min Jae He has decided he wants to join Bayern Munich this summer, according to a report by Bayern Munich Mercato foot.
The 26-year-old played a key role in lifting Napoli to the top of the ranks scudetto In a historic year, it has resulted in interest from across Europe, including Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Newcastle United and Paris Saint-Germain.
In addition to Kim’s performance, big clubs in Europe have also been watching him due to a release clause in his Napoli contract meaning the South Korean international will soon be available for around €47m.
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga and more (US)
– Read on ESPN+: Does Mbappe use LeBron holding tactics?
Despite the interest from the Premier League and beyond, it appears his next destination will be in the Bundesliga. Bayern reportedly persuaded Kim and Napoli by fulfilling his release clause and offering the defender a long-term contract with a net salary of €10m per season, with his agents also receiving hefty commission.
Other clubs interested in Kim have already been informed of his decision and will need to look at other defenders as they prepare for the 2023-24 campaign.
09.53 GMT: Newcastle United are interested in the Nice midfielder Khafrin Thuramaccording Football from the inside.
Thuram, 22, has been on Liverpool’s radar after a stellar season in Ligue 1 and could cost around €40m to sign.
The France international scored two goals and provided eight assists in 48 games in all competitions last season, and Newcastle are keen to add him to the squad.
09.22 GMT: Julian Nagelsmann He will not become PSG’s next manager after talks broke down between the two parties, sources have told ESPN.
Sources told ESPN that the French champions have turned their sights away from Nagelsmann, and cut their shortlist down to four candidates: Luis Enrique, Sergio Conceicao, Marcelo Gallardo And Thiago Motta.
The club reached out to Porto Conceicao coach, while former Barcelona and Spain coach Luis Enrique received some strong support from club officials in Doha.
Paris Saint-Germain is also interested in former players Gallardo, who is now coaching the Argentine River Plate team, and Motta, who is coaching Bologna in the Italian first division.
09.00 GMT: Signed by Brentford B Romeo Beckham The Premier League club said on Saturday that the striker spent the second half of last season in England on loan.
Beckham, who began training with the team in October last year and joined them in January on a six-month loan from Inter Miami, signed a one-year contract with the option to extend for an additional year.
The 20-year-old was part of the squad that in May lifted the Premier League Cup, a competition run by the Premier League for under-21 teams.
Does Kovacic refer to Manchester City as the end of Gundogan?
Rob Dawson discusses the impact of Mateo Kovacic’s arrival on the Manchester City squad.
Paperback Gossip (Written by Danny Lewis)
Chelsea will make an official €35m offer for the Villarreal striker Nicholas Jackson Reports next week Fabrizio Romano. That figure matches the 21-year-old’s release clause, with premiums and payment terms discussed prior to making an appointment. Jackson is determined to join Chelsea despite three other clubs trying to sign the Senegalese international.
– Arsenal are confident that Chelsea’s need to offload players means they will be able to sign Kai Havertz for £60m, despite the Blues claiming £70m, he reports Watchman. Arsenal remain favorites to sign the 24-year-old despite competition from Bayern Munich, who have seen moves by Tottenham Hotspur. Harry Kane and Naples Victor Osimhen Don’t come to anything yet.
– In the middle of a dead end David De GeaManchester United contract, and Daily Star Reportedly, the Red Devils are preparing a £45m bid for the Everton goalkeeper Jordan Pickford. The Toffees’ financial situation means they may be willing to accept a deal as Sean Dyche aims to rebuild after securing Everton’s safety in the Premier League on the final day of the season.
Left-back Chelsea Mark Cucurella He is among the players Newcastle United are looking at this summer as they plot life in the Champions League, according to reports woman. Mauricio Pochettino is ready to let the 24-year-old leave just a year after joining for £60m, although any deal now would likely be worth half that figure.
– Olympique Lyonnais may lose some of its most talented players this summer, Mercato foot reports, providing an example that Borussia Dortmund and Tottenham Hotspur are among the clubs keeping an eye on the 23-year-old midfielder. Maxence Caqueret. In addition, Akram Connor Reports that Real Madrid are planning to check the 19-year-old striker Eastern Ryan.