The summer transfer window may not yet be open in Europe, but teams are preparing for it, and there is a lot of chatter going around. Transfer Talk provides you with the latest news about rumours, the comings and goings and of course closing deals!
Key story: Rice wants Arsenal move this summer
West Ham United midfielder Declan Rice Keen on a move to Arsenal this summer and ready to make his intentions clear, reports say Mirror.
The 24-year-old has been earmarked as a priority to sign for Arsenal in the upcoming transfer window, with manager Mikel Arteta set for a huge spending summer as he looks to add to his squad in order to compete in the Champions League next season.
The England international has a contract with West Ham until 2024 (with an option to extend for another year) but Arsenal believe they are in pole position to land the midfielder.
While this preference may help Arsenal’s chances of signing Rice, Arsenal will still have to dig deep to meet West Ham’s £100m valuation for their captain. With interest from clubs such as Manchester City and Manchester United, Arsenal would like to close a deal as quickly as possible to avoid a possible bidding war.
with Granite Shaka He is set to leave the UAE in a €15 million transfer to Bayer Leverkusen and Thomas Partey An exit is also likely, and midfield reinforcements appear to be high on Arsenal’s priority list in the next window. Brighton Moises Caicedo He has also been closely linked with a move to North London, however, with Rice still the top target of the summer.
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, more (US)
10.12 GMT: Tottenham is looking to sign the Brentford goalkeeper David Rayaaccording Football from the inside.
Raya, 27, has become one of the best goalkeepers in the Premier League, but her contract is only until 2024.
Brentford are said to be ready to entertain offers of £40m, with Tottenham in the market for a new No 1 to replace Hugo Lloris long-term. The Spain international will also earn a salary of £100,000-per-week, which is three times what he currently earns.
09.41 GMT: ICYMI – Borussia Dortmund’s sporting director Sebastian Kehl says the club has not received any offers to sign the star midfielder. Jude Bellingham.
Bellingham, 19, is one of the most impressive midfielders in world football and has been linked with a €100m move from the German club this summer.
Earlier this month, ESPN reported that Real Madrid are planning a trip to Germany to negotiate a deal for the youngster’s signature. Premier League champions Manchester City are also vying to sign Bellingham, while Liverpool have ruled themselves out of the race.
Dortmund meets Mainz on Saturday and may win its first Bundesliga title in 11 years with a victory to end Bayern Munich’s decade-long dominance. But Kiel was unwilling to give any indication of Bellingham’s future when he spoke to the media on Wednesday.
“He put in a lot of great performances and I think winning the title is everything,” Kele said. “I think he already mentioned it a few weeks ago. He’s totally committed to this club.
And of course, there are rumors all the time and media speculation all the time. But honestly right now, [there is] Nothing is on the table, nothing we can decide, nothing we can talk about or negotiate.”
09.00 GMTReal Madrid striker Marco Asensio He is in advanced talks to join Paris Saint-Germain as a free agent, sources have told ESPN.
The Spanish international, whose contract expires in the summer, received an offer to renew with Madrid that convinced him financially, but he decided to move on after a season in which he started less than half of the club’s LaLiga matches.
Sources have told ESPN that Aston Villa, Juventus and Milan have also shown interest in the Mallorcans in recent months, but PSG’s proposal is currently the most tempting offer for Asensio.
The sources added that the good relationship between Jorge Mendes, Asensio’s agent, and Luis Campos, the sporting director of Paris Saint-Germain, was essential in the negotiations.
Lorenz: Why does Ten Hag want Neymar?
Julian Laurens underestimates the possibility of Neymar moving dramatically from Paris Saint-Germain to Manchester United.
Paper gossip (by Rajan Hothi)
– Erling Halland He is set to extend his contract with Manchester City, reducing Real Madrid’s chances of landing the forward anytime soon, he says. Football from the inside. The report reveals that the Norwegian international, who is under contract until 2025, is happy to stay with the Premier League champions until 2026. This comes after a record-breaking season in which 22-year-old Haaland scored 52 goals in all competitions. .
– Arsenal and Manchester City are monitoring the status of the Crystal Palace winger Michael OllisHe says Akram Connor. The 21-year-old had a promising season with the south London club, scoring 10 assists in the Premier League, along with two goals. While there is interest from across Europe in the talented winger, Olise is under contract at Selhurst Park until 2026, meaning Palace are under no financial pressure to move him.
– You must meet Barcelona Juan Foythrelease clause of €55m if they want to sign the Villarreal defender this summer, according to reports sports. Villarreal are reportedly reluctant to part ways with the 25-year-old and consider Foyth a key player for next season, meaning the only way the LaLiga champions can secure the defender’s services is to meet his release clause. That could be a stumbling block for cash-strapped Barcelona, who cannot afford to spend heavily this summer if they are to comply with LaLiga’s financial fair play rules.
– Milan agreed to personal terms with Daichi Kamadaaccording Rudy Galletti. The 26-year-old has emerged as one of the hottest free transfers this summer, after it became clear he would not be extending his stay with Eintracht Frankfurt. The Japan international endured a stellar season in Germany, scoring 16 goals along with six assists in all competitions, attracting attention from across Europe in the process.
– Benfica and Barcelona are interested in the winger Angel Di Mariawho looks set to become a free agent this summer, according to Relevo. The Argentina international has a contract with Juventus until June, however, it has been reported that he will not sign a new deal with the Italian giants. In addition to attracting attention from Europe, the report notes that clubs in Saudi Arabia are monitoring the 35-year-old’s situation.