The summer transfer window may not yet be open in Europe, but teams are preparing for it, and there is a lot of chatter going around. Transfer Talk provides you with the latest news about rumours, the comings and goings and of course closing deals!
TOP STORY: USMNT’s Adams is on the radar at Man United
United States men’s national team and Leeds United midfielder Tyler Adams On Manchester United’s radar, according to Football from the inside.
Elland Road are said to have “no chance” of keeping the 24-year-old if they suffer relegation to the Championship on Sunday, with multiple clubs in the Premier League as well as in Europe already watching closely.
Adams’ deal at Leeds runs until 2027 after his arrival last summer from RB Leipzig for a reported fee of £20m, including add-ons. The report states that Adams, who has missed the past two months with a hamstring injury, could secure a furlough of around £35m.
Sources told ESPN last week that Manchester United are running on a budget of between £100m and £150m, which will be supplemented by the money raised by the departure. One of the areas that Erik ten Hag’s side will look to strengthen will be the midfield position.
Tyler has started 24 Premier League matches for Leeds this season and served as captain for the USMNT at the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, more (US)
10.19 GMT: Barcelona right back Jules Conde He strongly denied rumors that he wanted to leave the club this summer.
middle Rumors circulating in Spain Conde is unhappy and has asked Barcelona to listen to the offers made to him at the end of the season. chirp: “To be clear: At no point did I ask to leave, so I’m not going anywhere.”
Conde, 24, joined Barcelona from Sevilla in a €50m transfer last summer. He made 38 appearances in all competitions, including 27 in the league, to help Barcelona win the La Liga title. A goal has been reported for Paris Saint-Germain and Chelsea, and he is under contract with Barcelona until June 2027.
09.40 GMT: Milan will enter negotiations with Real Madrid to sign Ibrahim Diaz This summer on a permanent move, according to Sky Italia.
Diaz, 23, is under contract with the Spanish giants until June 2025 and has been a key player for Stefano Pioli, scoring six goals and assisting another six in 31 league appearances.
The Spanish winger has played the past two seasons on loan at Milan from Real Madrid and wants to stay with Rossoneri after this summer. His fees will be set at around 22 million euros.
09.04 GMT: Udinese owner Giampaolo Pozzo said he faces the prospect of losing the Portuguese forward be to this summer.
Beto, 25, is under contract with Udinese until June 2026 and has a release clause of €25m. A target for Serie A champions Napoli, Beto has scored 10 goals in 32 appearances for Udinese this season and has also attracted the attention of Premier League clubs.
“He’s a very talented player, and he’s still young,” Pozzo said. “But when offers from big clubs come in it’s hard to keep them [these players]”.
Beto joined Udinese on a season-long loan in the summer of 2021 before Udinese paid €7m for his permanent transfer.
“I don’t think about the future,” Beto said. “Anything can happen. Now I just want to help the team with these last two games.”
08.22 GMT: Real Madrid will announce the signing Jude Bellingham from Borussia Dortmund once the Bundesliga season ends, Marc reports.
Real Madrid recently sent the club’s envoys to Dortmund to finalize the preliminary agreement they reached earlier this year to sign the England international.
Los Blancos It will pay a transfer fee of €100m to sign Bellingham, with that figure expected to increase with certain performance clauses included.
Bellingham, 19, has received bigger salary offers from other clubs but turned them down because he wanted to play for Real Madrid. However, he will not be among the highest paid players in Madrid during his six-year contract.
Dortmund host Mainz on Saturday in their last league match of the season, two points ahead of Bayern Munich in the title race.
08.00 GMT: Liverpool striker Mohamed Salah Manchester United said there was “no excuse” for their team’s failure to qualify for next season’s Champions League after Manchester United clinched the remaining fourth place in the Premier League on Thursday.
Man United’s 4-1 win over Chelsea means that, with one game left, Liverpool are certain to finish fifth and go into the Europa League. This is the first time that Liverpool have failed to qualify for the Champions League since Salah joined the team in 2017.
“I am completely devastated,” Salah wrote on Twitter. “There is absolutely no excuse for this.
“We had everything we needed to qualify for the Champions League next year and we fell short. We are Liverpool and qualifying for the competition is the bare minimum. I’m sorry but it’s too early for an optimistic or optimistic post. We’ve let you and ourselves under.”
Moreno: I’m not sure what Salah achieved by apologizing
After Mohamed Salah apologized for Liverpool’s failure to reach the Champions League, Alejandro Moreno said it was too late.
Paper Gossip (by Adam Brown)
– Real Madrid met the AC Milan defender Theo Hernandez As a possible replacement for the left back Ferland MindyAccording to the sport. Real Madrid see the 25-year-old as the best option if they are able to get rid of Mendy this summer, who has been completely unimpressed since his €48m move from Lyon in 2019.
– Milan contacted representatives of the Liverpool striker Roberto Firminoreveal Calciomercato. The 31-year-old Brazil international is set to become a free agent next month Rossoneri Among the first clubs to evaluate the transfer for his services. With the Serie A club taking time before advancing talks, it is expected that they will also check to see if the Real Madrid forward can be signed. Marco Asensio Also free.
– Chelsea’s plan to make the center back Levi Colwell Long-term part of their future venture, he says CBS journalist Ben Jacobs. The 20-year-old has enjoyed an impressive spell on loan at Brighton this season and it is reported that he will not seek to force the player out of Stamford Bridge if he is given enough game time next season.
Inter Milan are set to join the race for the Sporting Lisbon defender Goncalo Inacioaccording Akram Connor. The 21-year-old has been a key player for Lisbon this season, making 47 appearances in all competitions. He has also been linked with Liverpool, however Nerazzurri See Inacio as a long-term alternative to Milan Skriniarwho is set to join Paris Saint-Germain on a free transfer this summer.
– Newcastle is keeping a close eye on the attacking midfielder Leipzig Dominic Zuboszlayreports Sky Sports. The Magpies, who have been linked to the 22-year-old recently, are said to have scouted him on two occasions in the past fortnight, with the report suggesting they have identified the Bundesliga star as one of the first potential reinforcements after confirmation. Their place in the Champions League next season.