The summer transfer window has not yet opened in Europe, but teams are preparing for it, and there is a lot of gossip. Transfer Talk provides you with the latest news about rumours, the comings and goings and of course closing deals!
Key story: Kim is attracting interest from Newcastle, Chelsea and Paris Saint-Germain
Manchester United continue to see the Napoli defender Kim Min Jae as a priority this summer, but talks between the two parties stalled amid interest from Paris Saint-Germain, Chelsea and Newcastle. Mercato foot.
Man United boss Erik ten Hag has identified defensive reinforcements as a priority and Kim is a favorite at centre-back after an exceptional season in Italy where he helped Napoli claim their first Serie A title in 33 years.
While Kim has been reported keen on a move to Old Trafford, talks between the player and Man United are reportedly at a standstill, which has opened the door for other clubs in Europe to make an approach for the 26-year-old. South Korea International. Kim has a release clause in his current contract with Napoli in the region of 50 million euros, valid for the first half of July, and has attracted interest from several major clubs in Europe.
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga and more (US)
– Read on ESPN+: How far is Man United from Man City?
The report notes that Newcastle is vigilant about the lack of progress in the negotiations and is monitoring the situation. Manager Eddie Howe was appointed in a busy transfer window after the Magpies qualified for the Champions League for the first time since 2002-03.
Meanwhile, Chelsea have also shown interest in topping Napoli. However, the lack of European football and instability at the club saw the Blues lag behind their Premier League rivals in the race.
Paris Saint-Germain also shows interest in the heart of the defense with Sergio Ramos The departure of the French giants, along with injuries to Presnell Kimpembe And Nordi Mukele Reducing defensive options in the club last season. but, Les Parisiens’ Kim’s relegation chances are hampered by the defender’s reported desire to move to the Premier League.
10.18 GMT: Attacking Espanyol Joselo He said he “can’t say anything right now” about joining Real Madrid this summer, but added that it’s “always positive to be associated with the best teams in the world”.
ESPN reports that the 33-year-old – who has scored 16 goals in LaLiga this season as his side head towards relegation – is close to joining Madrid on loan.
The Spain international is a former youth product for Real Madrid, who is also Dani CarvajalHis brother-in-law, and was seen with fans in Paris last year watching Real Madrid win the 2022 Champions League final.
“At the moment I can’t say anything,” Joselo said. As on Monday, in an interview with Spain, who will face Italy in the UEFA Nations League on Thursday. “But it’s always fun when it’s in the press. I hope good things come in the future, but for now I’m focusing on the national team and the Nations League.”
09.57 GMT: Build Names Toni Kroos Among the list of senior German players who were asked about moving to Saudi Arabia this summer, saying that the Real Madrid midfielder turned the tide in favor of staying at the Santiago Bernabeu for another season.
Kroos, 33, confirmed last month that contract talks with Real Madrid were “on track” and that he was set to stay, having previously considered whether to continue playing or retire early.
According to Bild, CrossThomas Mueller And Mario Gotze Received all inquiries from Saudi Arabia hoping they would join Cristiano Ronaldo And Karim Benzema in the Saudi Professional League, but the three rejected it.
09.16 GMT: Alvaro Morata He agreed to extend his contract with Atletico Madrid until June 2026, according to El Larguero.
Morata, 30, is under contract with Atletico until June 2024. The Spanish international returned to Atletico last summer after spending two seasons on loan at Juventus.
He had offers from AC Milan and Juventus as well as clubs from Saudi Arabia and from Major League Soccer, but he chose to stay with Atlético.
08.55 GMT: Inter Milan are on the verge of signing the Denmark Under-18 goalkeeper Theo Sander From BK Burke, according to Sky Italia.
Sander, 18, will join Inter for an undisclosed fee and will sign a contract with Nerazzurri Until June 2027.
08.30 GMT: Sevilla President Jose Castro hopes the club’s sporting director Munshi He will reconsider his decision to leave this summer.
Under contract with Sevilla, Monchi, 54, has told the Europa League winners he wants to step down and is a target for Premier League clubs, including Aston Villa.
After winning a European title a few days ago, he [Monchi’s decision] unexpected , ” Castro said. “We hope and expect Monchi to reconsider and continue with us, which is what we all want.
“We’ve worked together for many years and we can’t forget that he left Sevilla once already [to join Roma] And I am the one who tells him that the doors of Seville are open for him to return.”
What will be the legacy of Lionel Messi in the American League?
Hercules Gomez suggests that Lionel Messi can make the MLS among the top 10 leagues in the world.
Paper gossip (by Rajan Hothi)
– Midfielder Luka Modric He will be allowed to leave Real Madrid for Saudi Arabia, per Calcio Mercato. Despite reports that the Croatia international was close to signing an extension with los blancos, It seems unlikely that the 37-year-old will stay at the Bernabeu, as manager Carlo Ancelotti has managed to show off his midfield following a €103m deal. Jude Bellingham. The report indicates that there is a big offer from Saudi Arabia, which could prompt Modric to join his former teammate at Real Madrid Karim Benzema In the Middle East.
– Emeric Laporte He is set to leave Manchester City in the summer, but Barcelona are unlikely to sign the defender Football from the inside. While the 29-year-old is said to be admired by Barcelona, the cash-strapped Catalan giants are in no position to bring the Spain international to Spotify Camp Nou due to the club’s financial constraints from LaLiga. Laporte has struggled to get into the first team this season, making just four appearances in all competitions for the Citizens, leading the centre-back to look elsewhere this summer.
– Arsenal have reached a full agreement with Reese Nelson A new deal will keep the winger at the club until 2027, according to reports Fabrizio Romano. The Hale End graduate made 18 appearances for the Gunners last season, and sees his contract expire at the end of the month. Despite being linked away from north London, the 23-year-old appears set to dedicate his long-term future to the club, with Romano revealing there is an option to extend the deal until 2028, with Arsenal keen to secure Nelson’s signature. As quickly as possible to avoid bids from competitors.
– Barcelona are eager to offload Ansu FatiBut the striker is reluctant to leave the Spanish champions, according to reports Mundo Deportivo. The Catalan club are eager to let several players leave the Camp Nou this summer as they try to raise funds for transfer targets of their own, and while Fati has been identified as one player free to leave, the 20-year-old believes he still has a future at the club. The report states that Fati has told his agent, Jorge Mendes, that he has no intention of leaving the LaLiga team this summer despite the huge interest in the Premier League.
– Al-Ahly Saudi Arabia is preparing to present a wing Riyad Mahrez Contract until 2026, according to Mercato foot. The 32-year-old has had an impressive campaign with Citizens, contributing 15 goals and 13 assists in the club’s treble-winning season, and while the Algeria international is under contract at Al-Ittihad until 2025, there is plenty of interest from Al-Ahly. Saudi. The report indicates that the club is ready to offer Mahrez a three-year deal, however, there have been no discussions between the club and Manchester City, with no official offer yet to buy Mahrez.